CONSULTATION & DESIGN PROCESS
At the consultation, you will discuss your design, pay your deposit, and book your tattoo appointment. When you come to the studio bring your deposit as well as any and all reference photos you would like to show and discuss. Need more info on how to prepare? Have a look at our blog to see some common misconceptions about planning a tattoo.
DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
You will be given 1-3 tattoo appointments the day you come to the studio to pay your deposit and discuss your idea, reference materials, etc. Multiple appointments ensures all clients with large pieces will not have to wait months between sessions.
In the 24 hours leading up to your scheduled 1st appointment we will finalize your design.
You will get to see your tattoo the day of your appointment. Sometimes an artist may need to finish details with you so expect there could be some draw time the day of your 1st appointment if your artist has any questions. If you approve the design then we will get started tattooing at your 1st appointment.
If you are unsatisfied with the design, changes can be made, however if they take longer than 30-45 mins, your 1st appointment will become a collaborative drawing day and you will not start your tattoo until your 2nd scheduled appointment.
The design is considered property of the artist. We will not do any design approval via text message or email. You will be able to approve your design the day of your 1st appointment in the studio. If you are unhappy with the design we will work with you to make the needed changes and make sure you love it.
When scheduling an appointment for a tattoo, it guarantees you a specific time and date to be tattooed. All other inquiries for this block of time will be turned away in order to keep the appointment scheduled for you. Because our time is limited, we ask before making any appointment be absolutely sure of your choice of tattoo design, and your availability for the date and time you agree to.
We DO NOT issue refunds for ANY deposits taken, for any reason, so please read over ALL information provided here BEFORE MAKING A DEPOSIT PAYMENT. – Deposits cannot be carried over to another artist. – The deposit will be subtracted from the last appointment on all larger tattoo projects requiring more than one session.
– The total tattoo deposit required to hold your appointment will be based on the amount of time reserved on the artist’s schedule, with a minimum of $50.
– All deposits will be used for the specific tattoo project only, and cannot be carried over to a new project. This means, major design changes or new additions to the design that were not previously discussed will be considered starting a new project and your original deposit is used to cover the original design. Design preparation takes time, and changes to your design should not be made after you appointment has been set. Be sure of your design, and the direction you discuss with your artist before setting an appointment. Failure to keep your scheduled appointment may result in forfeiture of your deposit.
– If you cannot keep your scheduled tattoo appointment notify the shop at least 48 hours in advance. Deposits will be credited ONLY if the available time slot can be filled by another appointment. The more advance notice you give, the better the chance that your deposit will remain in good standing. Always Notify the shop about any issues that come up that may keep you from your appointment.
– When the deposit becomes void, a new deposit is required before any appointment rescheduling or to keep any future appointments that may have been previously set.
-Any changes to the tattoo design may change the amount of agreed price.
-The artist has the right to reschedule the appointment.
-Only 2 reschedules may be made by the client within 6 months of original appointment date before the deposit is void.
-When a client cannot follow through with the scheduled appointment, and the deposit is lost, the artist also loses money for the lost tattooing time and time spent creating the design. We have found this is the most fair policy for artists and clients, as we share the loss if you cannot make your scheduled date.
– Be sure to give our staff notice in advance of any issues that may lead to keeping you from your scheduled appointment, to provide more options for a smooth reschedule, and no loss of deposit.
The following will void your deposit:
Not showing up for an appointment.
Cancellation of appointment less than 48 hours prior to appointment time.
More than 20 minutes late to appointment.
Major design changes that require a new appointment and were not discussed at the consultation or shortly afterward. Make sure you know what you want!
If you are new to the tattoo process, check out our blog about common mistakes made when planning a tattoo!